The Data Center Technician provides an overall focus on positive pro-active end-user customer service through the phone, email, face-to-face, and TeslaWatt internal case management systems. Monitors all business-critical systems and escalates issues accordingly. Maintains accurate chain-of-custody logs of incoming and outgoing customer packages and ensures facility cleanliness. As a member of the Data Centar Operations Team, the technician is expected to handle trouble tickets and remote hands requests from inception through resolution. Technicians are tasked with the installation of a variety of circuits, including Ethernet, Power cables. Data Center Technician will also monitor all business-critical systems and drive both internal and customer compliance to the company’s security standards.
• Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
• Answering phone calls and emails from the clients requesting technical assistance.
• Resolve tickets as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
• Meet pre-defined installation intervals for servers and miners.
• Accurately capture time invested on tasks (installs, outages, remote hands, etc.)
• Troubleshooting technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
• Perform computer/server hardware and software support.
• Perform physical security walkthroughs, administration of security sign-in procedures for all colocation customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to the designated work location.
• Monitor, resolve, and escalate issues within critical facilities infrastructure.
• Handle all customer and internal shipping logs.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
• Candidate will be added to on-call rotation, based on TeslaWatt needs.
• Cleaning devices, shelves, power supply, PDU's.
• High school diploma required.
• Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
• Responsibility and dependability.
• Candidates must have reliable transportation.
• Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. (TOEFL Internet Based Test 80 points minimum).
• Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
• Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems both PC and server side.
• Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, replacing PSUs, PDUs a plus.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 75 lbs.
This position requires the applicant to be able to work any of the shifts as part of a 24×7. The ability to stand for prolonged periods on ladders is required. Work is done in an area where server noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures. (May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shift rotations require).